Newmedical Technology, Inc
310 Era Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
Silagen Scar Refinement System is a physician exclusive line of medical grade silicone products, including gels, sheeting, strips and shapes.
Newmedical Technology is the manufacturer of the Silagen® Scar Refinement System, the first and only comprehensive line of physician-exclusive, medical grade silicone scar therapies. The Silagen Scar Refinement System includes both medical grade silicone gels and sheeting. The gel options include both 100% Pure Silicone Gel and Silicone Gel + SPF30 (both available in high quality 15g and 30g airless pumps). Silagen® gels have a silky feel and quick drying time, and are preferred by 98% of physicians over the leading professional scar gel. The Silagen® System also offers a wide variety of silicone gel sheets, strips and shapes. Advanced adhesion technology, combined with optimal silicone thickness, makes this the preferred brand of silicone sheeting due to its flexibility and durability. Silagen® offers a product to fit every scar, and to meet every physician’s needs. Silagen® refines scars by softening and flattening them, while reducing redness and improving the overall appearance of the scar.
Silagen® products are NOT available online; they are only sold by medical professionals.
Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists trust Silagen® for the results it achieves on both new and old scars. In fact, many of the highest regarded surgeons now use Silagen® products routinely as part of their post-op protocol and include it in the cost of the procedure.
Silagen® 100% Pure Silicone Gel:
• Made with 100% medical grade silicone ingredients
• All silicone formula – no other potentially irritating ingredients are included.
• Physicians surveyed preferred the silky feel and faster drying time of Silagen® 100% Pure Silicone Gel over a competing professional silicone gel.
• Physician exclusive- only sold to medical professionals.
• Silicone gel is now widely recommended and accepted as a first-line treatment for scar prevention after surgeries.
Silagen® Silicone Gel + SPF 30
• First and ONLY medical grade silicone gel + mineral sunscreen (zinc oxide)
• No chemical sunscreens
• Helps to prevent UV-induced scar hyperpigmentation
• Lower cost per gram that other professional scar treatments
Silagen® Silicone Gel Sheeting
• Available in 12 shapes and sizes
• 2 backing options—clear & beige
• Washable, reusable and durable
“My practices LOVES Silagen. We have been recommending in for a while now to my patients because it is effective and feels great. There is no bad smell and patients love the feel. The gel is smooth and helps moisturize dry skin and is safe on sensitive areas all over the face and body. We have found Silagen to work wonders post laser and radiofrequency treatments, TCA cross and all of surgical scar (i.e. tummy tuck, breast surgery, excisions) or liposuction patients I trust this medical grade silicone the most!”
– Jason Emer, MD, Beverly Hills, CA
“As plastic surgeons we attempt to do everything we can to optimize the chance that a scar will heal well. Using Silagen’s products was an easy step to take to improve the appearance of scars and my patients have been very pleased with the results. The products are easy to use and at a good price point for patients to purchase or to include with the cost of surgery.”
– John Waltzman M.D., Waltzman Plastic Surgery, Long Beach CA
“We have been selling Silagen in my practice for several years now. It’s affordable, easy to apply, and appears to be as effective as any scar-reducing cream I have used. After it is applied, the medical grade silicone stays on the scar to keep it occluded for many hours. This thick leftover film doesn’t rub off easily, as some other products do. We have patients begin applying to the scars at 3 weeks postoperative, then apply twice a day for the first 4 to 6 months, depending on the skin type and scar history. I see nice results in my patients with some very tiny, nearly imperceptible scars.”
– Anthony Youn M.D., Troy MI, best-selling author of The Age Fix (Grand Central Life & Style, 2016)
“As an integral part of our patient care, we use Silagen sheeting for scar recovery and Silagen gel for laser recovery, as well as basic skin care. The Silagen gel has helped patients with dry, sensitive skin issues for the body and the face. Any patient looking for dual treatment on hands and chest will find this non-greasy moisturizer with SPF protection to be a standard above the norm.”
– Paul G. Ruff, IV, M.D., FACS, West End Plastic Surgery, Washington, DC
“Silagen feels like cashmere and works miracles.”
– Maddie Giovannelli, Cosmetic Patient Coordinator, Augusta Plastic Surgery